Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make Arlo Ultra compatible with Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT

Ultra camera will not work in Smartthings. When you link your account, only your older cameras appear not the ultras. No control with Smarthings or IFTTT.

Comments
tonni
Initiate

I have the same question, and in fact this is the only blocker for me to buy ultra. I have a bunch of arlo pro and pro2 and they integrated with smartthings pretty well. And I want to keep doing it with this new camera.

Meko923
Guide
Not a solution, but I purchased the one camera ultra to add to my Pro cameras. I replaced my pro base with the ultra base and added all my old cameras to it. Through the Arlo app everything works great.
*However oddly enough, I can still view and edit my Pro cameras through ST. I can not add the ultra or the base but all pro and Q work within Smart things even though they are connected to the ultra base and the pro base is unplugged.
brh
Master
Master

It took Arlo forever to add the Pro 2 integration with Smartthings. With the new direction that Arlo is taking with the "Works With Arlo" program there is no telling if Arlo will ever add it. Agree that Arlo and Smartthings don't seem to be playing nice with each other lately. Could be Samsungs fault though - who knows. The Smartthings Mode in Arlo seems to be broken and has been that way for over a year. In the Classic app I keep getting error messages when I try to add the Security Lights using the Arlo Connect Smart app although in the new Smartthings Connect app I was able to get them to connect after several tries. The doorbell integration has not been added. 

bogie1
Apprentice

Surely this question should really be directed at Samsung, they are the ones that have to integrate Arlo into the SmartThings system. Samsung no doubt have a long schedule for adding support for new devices and Arlo Ultra should be in the queue. Why would Samsung waste software development time on a new product thats not really been sold in big numbers yet .....does not make sense from a business perspective for Samsung.

brh
Master
Master

@bogie1,

In some ways I think you are right in that with the new Samsung Connect app it seems tha dishwashers, refridgerators and washer/drier equipment is more important to Samsung than DIY security that they originally sold the systems as. Also, I think the Ultra is too new and Arlo is still more concerned with getting all the bugs worked out. But, Arlo is still the only official camera systems that Samsung has listed and secondly, there are a lot of Arlo customers using Smartthings. I think that Arlo would not be wise to disenfranchise these users. Also, Smartthings is still the king of IOT integration.

Brian

bogie1
Apprentice

SmartThings  control the integration not arlo. They set the priority on the devices they support. Its not arlo's fault that the Ultra is not supported, its just a case of waiting for Samsung to getting around to doing it. If enough arlo ultra customers ask perhaps Samsung  will priortise it......

Uribees
Star

I haven't been able to get my Arlo Ultra cameras to work with Smartthings since I bought them in January.  My old Pro 2s used to work great but the Ultras don't at all.  Will this ever be fixed?

camera_tech
Novice

Did Arlo release a firmware update, so that the 4K Ultra cameras work with Smart Things?

The rep at the store said they did, but I'm having the same issue as everyone here, where the Ultra cameras don't show up as devices in Smart Things.

Arlo, can you respond here? I will need to return these if they aren't compatible.

brh
Master
Master

Currently Arlo Ultra cameras do not work with Smartthings.

Brian

DOTTAT
Apprentice
Sure wish I had seen this all before wasting a birthday coupon at best buy and setting them up only to find out they won't work with my St hub. Headed back to the store tomorrow they are! Screw Arlo. They took specific actions to break Arlo assistant etc and now this.