Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra and HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Venkatk
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,
I recently bought an Arlo Ultra with four cameras kit in Canada. This kit didn’t come with the HomeKit code. No HomeKit option in the settings menu of the Arlo app on iOS 13.

How to add this set to HomeKit if I don’t have a code or the option in the settings of Arlo app.
Help please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travi5
Initiate
Initiate
You may need to remove the base station and cameras, then set it up from scratch. The same situation happened to me. I decided to setup homekit later, and it never gave me the option to. As soon as the popup appears, configure it and then it sticks to the account. All future cameras will appear within the Settings>Homekit section.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Venkatk,

Follow the instructions here for more information on adding your Arlo system to HomeKit: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Venkatk
Initiate
Initiate
I would have been happier if you (might be a bot) read the message before answering.
Travi5
Initiate
Initiate
You may need to remove the base station and cameras, then set it up from scratch. The same situation happened to me. I decided to setup homekit later, and it never gave me the option to. As soon as the popup appears, configure it and then it sticks to the account. All future cameras will appear within the Settings>Homekit section.
jondarrer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @Travi5, I had this issue where the HomeKit option wasn't available in the Arlo app. Once I followed your instructions, removing the basestation and re-adding it, the HomeKit option was there! Works fine and I now have the cameras available in the Home app : ).

It would be really helpful if Arlo could provide this work around in there official docs, rather than having to search the Internet for answers.