Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 connection with Amazon Alexa

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear states that Arlo Pro 2 is compatible with Amazon Alexa. I have a second generation firestick and I can't find any information how to make the interface work.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSBayou,

For information on how to use Alexa with Arlo, take a look here: How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. I will give it a try.

MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

I was told by Amazon Support that the Arlo App is not compatible with second generation firestick. Therefore, Netgear's claim of Alexa compatibilty is not fully true. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSBayou,

The second generation firestick is listed as a compatible device in the article I linked above. Are you following the instructions listed int he article?

JamesC

MSBayou
Tutor
Tutor

I have read the article and followed the advice. The problem is you need the Arlo Skill set from the Alexa App and the Alexa App does not exist on the Firestick.

bruneitiger
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you are thinking about buying Arlo to work with your ALEXA... think again!!!  It is the most unreliable skill i have tried so far.  At best it's a noble idea to be able to ask "ALEXA, show me who's at the door".  Most of the time, you will get, an answer like "hmmm.... the camera is not responding"