Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cameras Say "Loading" on TV through Alexa but never streams video feed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Repromen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5-Pro 2 Cameras, 1-VMB4500v2 Base Station, 1-VMB5000v2 Base Station, Amazon Firetv Stick 4K, LG OLED tv, and ORBI Mesh network. All devices are up to date on Firmware (Double Checked). The Cameras work fine streaming video feed through Apple and Android apps and also the web browser. I enable the Alexa skill and linked my account. Alexa then searched and found all the cameras. When I ask Alexa to show any of my 5 Cams the TV shows on screen that the asked for camera is Loading. This screen stays indefinitely, never once streaming the video feed for the requested camera. I have deleted the cameras and disabled alexa , then re-enabled Alexa. Then rediscovered my Cameras and tried to again, same results. Its like something is blocking the video stream from starting.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Repromen,

Try to reboot or re-plug your Amazon Fire Stick to see if that helps with your Arlo cameras to stream again.

Repromen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica,

I did restart the Fire Stick and install the stick. I wasn’t ever able to see streaming on my tv. I can only see the cams via the app on my mobile devices or a web browser.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What Amazon Fire TV stick are you using? We currently only support the second generation. You can read here to know which Alexa devices are compatible with Arlo: How can I use Amazon devices with my Arlo cameras?