Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
doghousestudio
Guide
Guide

Arlo just "upgraded" my 2 base stations with the sole purpose of being able to connect/compatible with Apple HomeKit. They sent me 2 VMB4000's Refurbished (no box, packaging or manual) When following directions to set up HomeKit under My Devices > Base Station... HomeKit does not appear. I have restarted reset and confirmed firmware on base sation as well as  software on my AppleTV... nothing helps. I dont see any kind of Apple HokeKit code on the device itself and it didn't have any packaging so there is no way to scan a code that way. So frustrating and spent so much time on this... many many hours. It shouldnt be this difficult yet here I am. Please, any suggestions?

Thank you

117 REPLIES 117
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Blimmins

I have reset your token, please reboot your base station and try again.

GrantN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi could you please reset my token too.

VMB5000
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GrantN

dapaoli
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try the Token reset as well.

Latest firmware 1.16.6.3_898_e9ee661
iPad OS app 3.5.6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dapaoli

dapaoli
Aspirant
Aspirant
That didn’t work. Im going to try logging out of iCloud and back in.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dapaoli

Are you trying to use HomeKit with your VMB3500. This base station is not supported for use with HomeKit. You can find more info here: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Rsnow
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue can you please send me a new token? I previously had my System set up on Apple HomeKit and ended up removing it and now I’m having issues re-adding it. I followed the instructions on the website to add a HomeKit without a code and I am stuck on step five because the Arlo app is not discovering my device.
dapaoli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got Home kit setup with the other Arlo hub I think its the 4250 or something for Arlo Pro 3, however there seems to be no way to view iCloud storage, so I'm still storing locally to a Hard Drive. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rsnow

I have reset your token, please reboot your base station and try again.

Thank you

kooskortekaas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue can you please send me a new token? I previously had my System set up on Apple HomeKit and ended up removing it and now I’m having issues re-adding it. I followed the instructions on the website to add a HomeKit without a code and I am stuck on step five because the Arlo app is not discovering my device.
124AF3A6-2583-45AC-BB33-C37C127DE855.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kooskortekaas 

jimmycdc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still experiencing the issue, please help

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jimmycdc

jimmycdc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I’ve reseted a few times but it still shows can’t discover the device! Please help!! Thanks Jimmy
dapaoli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was told that the Pro2 hub does not support HomeKit.

jimmycdc
Aspirant
Aspirant
HomeKit was working on my Arlo pro 2 for a while until recently stopped working,
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dapaoli wrote:

I was told that the Pro2 hub does not support HomeKit.

Not sure what you mean by "Pro2 hub".

The VMB4000 and VMB4500 support HomeKit.  The VMB3000 and VMB3500 do not.