Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Base Station Siren is only 100 dB? Any other sirens to link through IFTTT?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ourwhitehouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a 4 camera Pro 2 system and found the base station siren completely underwhelming.... 100 dB, really?  My base station is in a closet in the basement with my router and can barely be heard (even in the basement).  I have the volume maxed out.

Any ideas?  Are there other sirens i could link to through IFTTT?

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Netgear keeps promising a suite of security gadgets to go with the Arlo system, but is is anybody's guess when, or even if, they will hit the stores.

Newer cameras – Ultra and Pro 3 – have built in sirens, although the Ultra is not the noisiest thing around.

Some people find the Pro 2 siren to be deafening. It sure scares me, but it sits on a shelf in front of me, and not in a sound proofed room on the other side of the planet.

Solved: Can you add additional siren to Arlo pro security ... - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Ourwhitehouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the link to new ideas.  I'm new to Arlo (one week) and hadn't see that before.  Some interesting ideas.

Arlo is supposed to be IFTTT compatible.  Surely, there is a IFTTT siren out there that could be triggered when motion from a camera is detected...  Does anybody know?

Ourwhitehouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just found this... CES 2019 announcement of an "Arlo security system" complete with an outdoor siren and other devices.  Take a look at the press release:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2019/Arlo-Security-System.aspx

Neither the "system" or siren show up on their website yet, but it's supposed to release before year-end.

Awesome.  Renews my confidence that I bought the right cameras! 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Well spotted. I knew I had seen something somewhere.

@Ourwhitehouse wrote:

Neither the "system" or siren show up on their website yet, but it's supposed to release before year-end.

Not sure what the "system" is, but the heart of it will be the smart hub. That is probably now with us in the shape of the Pro 3 hub. It might even work with the Ultra hub. But we won't know that until stuff starts landing in the market.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime