Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell and display

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
YoHannes
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I just ordered Arlo wireless doorbell/cam and obviously did some research before ordering, 
my parents have Arlo camera set so a bit familiar how Arlo works.
I noticed earlier discussions over doorbell and displays and I'm aware that the sort of Arlo pre-taught use case is person ringing bell at door and house owner phone receiving a call from Arlo app + video view from front of the door.

However I prefer having somewhere in my hallway wall a small mostly dummy screen showing the view / who's on the door.
I know there might have been cheaper similar purpose options on the market, but still seeking experiences if someone has played around as closely suitable setup as possible using Arlo doorbell.

I noticed that there was also in discussions that there is a way to link Amazon Alexa account with Arlo account.
The question goes, there seems to be fairly cheap Facebook portal mini -kind of devices on market (anything from 40-100$ depending on screen size 7-10") which seem like cheapest option if that would work with Arlo doorbell.
Does anyone have experiences using anything like that?
If some dummy screen targeted for social media calls/communication using facebook messenger, whatsapp, google, zoom, Alexa or similar would allow receiving doorbell calls from Arlo \ Alexa account linked, that would be perfect. Has anyone tried or would be able to tell if this is a valid option or no go?

Br, Mikko

0 REPLIES 0