Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Baby Live Stream Turns Off on Echo Show and Goes to Home Screen

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Atplay2 Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Baby, always turns off in the middle of the night on echo show and reverts back to home screen making this useless as a baby monitor since the audio shuts off.  I have tried calling customer support with Amazon and they say that there is nothing that can be done.    Can someone help?

JessicaP Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Atplay2,

When you're streaming your Arlo Baby on your Echo Show, when does it turn off and revert back to the home screen? Is it when you start up the live stream? Or is it a certain amount of time?

Atplay2 Initiate
Initiate
It just turns off after time. I turn the live stream on through the show and it just turns off. Sometimes it's an hour sometimes it stays on for 3 or 4 hours, but it never stays on through the night
JessicaP Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Our development team is looking into reports where the live stream would turn off on Amazon Echo Show and goes to home screen. Once we hear more information or update from the team, we'll be sure to share with the community.

gugars Guide
Guide
Arlo Pro 2 + Echo Show 5.
Connects fine. Small delay, but that’s ok.
After a few minutes screen stop streaming and takes me to home screen. Any ideas why?
I need to see my babies with Echo Show 5.
gugars Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 câmeras at home and I recently brought a Echo Show 5 to use it as a baby monitor. Unfortunately it’s not working as I was hoping.

I have two problems, one is small and the other I huge.

Small = up to 15 seconds delay from the moment until it shows in echo show 5.

Huge = after a couple of minutes echo show 5 stop showing the camera feed and retur to home screen.

any ideas how to fix this? I’m using the most recent update in all défices and also reset everything several times.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
JessicaP Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Atplay2 and gugars,

When viewing the live stream through the Arlo app on your iOS or Android device, does the live stream turn off or disconnect too?

Darthmaximus Aspirant
Aspirant
My baby Arlo is only live streaming to our echo show 5 for 30-60mi Utes then goes back to the home screen. My fire tablet will stream until I shut off the app no issues same with ipad/iPhone.
spence2326 Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does this as well. Works OK on my Android phone, but on my Echo Show it constantly disconnects after just a couple minutes. Sometimes it shows buffering for a few times before going back to the home screen. Makes the product pretty useless, since I need my nanny to be able to use the Echo Show.

Darthmaximus Aspirant
Aspirant
Last night I disconnected and reconnected the Arlo skill with Alexa and my Show 5 actually showed the Arlo Baby fees all night like my fire tablet does (which I had on next to it all night as a backup). Maybe disconnecting the skill and reenabling it had some effect?
SilvaPeixoto Aspirant
Aspirant
Same with my cameras.
Afters 1 hours show 5 stop to show Arlo cameras and go to home screen
Model: VMC3040 | Arlo-Q HD with Audio, VMC3040S| Arlo Q Plus Security Camera with Audio | Ethernet | PoE
JessicaP Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is looking into reports regarding the Arlo Baby live stream turning off on Amazon Alexa devices. When we hear any new information or update, we'll be sure to let the community know.

Milla79 Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, when using the Echo Show, this will behave much like using any other device to stream the Arlo Baby. There is no time out when enabling a live stream.

IrishFan99 Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any update on the status of this issue?