Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Live Stream Turns Off on Echo Show and Goes to Home Screen

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Atplay2
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Baby, always turns off in the middle of the night on echo show and reverts back to home screen making this useless as a baby monitor since the audio shuts off.  I have tried calling customer support with Amazon and they say that there is nothing that can be done.    Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted everyone to know that this is the expected behavior where the Arlo Baby live stream will turn off after 30 minutes of streaming via Alexa or third-party devices. You can read more about it here: Why has the Arlo app stopped live streaming?

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Atplay2,

When you're streaming your Arlo Baby on your Echo Show, when does it turn off and revert back to the home screen? Is it when you start up the live stream? Or is it a certain amount of time?

Atplay2
Initiate
Initiate
It just turns off after time. I turn the live stream on through the show and it just turns off. Sometimes it's an hour sometimes it stays on for 3 or 4 hours, but it never stays on through the night
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is looking into reports where the live stream would turn off on Amazon Echo Show and goes to home screen. Once we hear more information or update from the team, we'll be sure to share with the community.

gugars
Guide
Guide
Arlo Pro 2 + Echo Show 5.
Connects fine. Small delay, but that’s ok.
After a few minutes screen stop streaming and takes me to home screen. Any ideas why?
I need to see my babies with Echo Show 5.
gugars
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 câmeras at home and I recently brought a Echo Show 5 to use it as a baby monitor. Unfortunately it’s not working as I was hoping.

I have two problems, one is small and the other I huge.

Small = up to 15 seconds delay from the moment until it shows in echo show 5.

Huge = after a couple of minutes echo show 5 stop showing the camera feed and retur to home screen.

any ideas how to fix this? I’m using the most recent update in all défices and also reset everything several times.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Atplay2 and gugars,

When viewing the live stream through the Arlo app on your iOS or Android device, does the live stream turn off or disconnect too?

Darthmaximus
Initiate
Initiate
My baby Arlo is only live streaming to our echo show 5 for 30-60mi Utes then goes back to the home screen. My fire tablet will stream until I shut off the app no issues same with ipad/iPhone.
spence2326
Initiate
Initiate

Mine does this as well. Works OK on my Android phone, but on my Echo Show it constantly disconnects after just a couple minutes. Sometimes it shows buffering for a few times before going back to the home screen. Makes the product pretty useless, since I need my nanny to be able to use the Echo Show.

Darthmaximus
Initiate
Initiate
Last night I disconnected and reconnected the Arlo skill with Alexa and my Show 5 actually showed the Arlo Baby fees all night like my fire tablet does (which I had on next to it all night as a backup). Maybe disconnecting the skill and reenabling it had some effect?
SilvaPeixoto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same with my cameras.
Afters 1 hours show 5 stop to show Arlo cameras and go to home screen
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is looking into reports regarding the Arlo Baby live stream turning off on Amazon Alexa devices. When we hear any new information or update, we'll be sure to let the community know.

Milla79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, when using the Echo Show, this will behave much like using any other device to stream the Arlo Baby. There is no time out when enabling a live stream.

IrishFan99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any update on the status of this issue?
IrishFan99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any update on this? The dropping feed has made the use of our Arlo Baby unreliable on Echo Show.
Jlparker2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update on this? I sometimes have to ask 10-20 times to even get the echo show 5 to pull up the live feed. It says that the Arlo is not responding. Yet, I can have it pull up on my iPhone and iPad. In addition, when I can get it to pull up on the echo show 5, it does seem to just exit and go to the home screen randomly.
astipe
Tutor
Tutor
I just set up my echo show 5 today and it always kicks back to the show's home screen instead of continuously displaying my arlo baby feed. The longest I've seen it stay connected is 30 minutes but it's also taken less than 5 minutes at other times. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my arlo account with no effect.
Jbbabe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an update to this??? It’s completely pointless as a baby monitor if it doesn’t even stay on the echo show?
Hurtswith2
Tutor
Tutor

I have successfully set up my Arlo Baby monitor, added the Arlo skill to my alexa system and discovered the arlo baby camera.

for the most part, it works as expected. Saying "Alexa, show me the nursery" typically pulls up the feed (though sometimes it says "camera not responding right now" (even though the feed is working in the Arlo app) in which case you need to ask again.

However, my biggest problem right now is that when I pull up the feed on my Alexa Show 5, it turns off after a semi-short while ( a few minutes). I was hoping to have the feed stay up the whole night but have been unable to figure out how to change the settings to allow for that.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

Hurtswith2
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica -

Can you provide an update on this? It's been over 2 months since we heard from you guys.

Thanks,

Rob

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this and will be sure to update the community when we hear any new information.

Hurtswith2
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the update, Jessica.

This morning, I've noticed the issue is also happening on my fireTV stick. The camera starts buffering while viewing and then the feed just cuts out and takes you to the home screen.

This monitor works great for us when using the Arlo app, but I think it's false advertising to say it works with Alexa. Given the inconsistencies with how long the feed displays on various devices, and how many times my echo devices say "hmmm, camera is not responding" (which probably happens 30% of the time I ask to see a camera), I would say the marketing should change to "works with alexa, sometimes" and there should be a disclaimer that you can not rely on playback through an alexa device if you're using it as a baby monitor and should therefore only use the arlo app.

Gdengler3
Initiate
Initiate
Is there any update on this issue? I have 4 echo shows I am trying to use with my arlo baby monitor that are still doing everything listed in this thread, don't connect, don't stay on long enough, etc etc. Wife is about to throw out arlo for a different baby monitor.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted everyone to know that this is the expected behavior where the Arlo Baby live stream will turn off after 30 minutes of streaming via Alexa or third-party devices. You can read more about it here: Why has the Arlo app stopped live streaming?

spence2326
Initiate
Initiate

Mine never lasts 30 minutes. I'm lucky to get 5. Sometimes it will be 30 seconds. I usually have to say "Alexa, show the baby monitor" around 20 times for one nap. I've gotten used to just saying it randomly. This isn't a feature; it's a problem. Saying this is intended behavior is not a solution. There's something wrong, and it's a deal-breaker for me. I'm sending my Arlo back.