Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi corykrug,

I've sent a token request to your Base Station again. Please make sure to reboot your Base Station (remove and reapply power), allow it to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit? 

If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

oxFreedom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I'm having the same issue.  Could you please issue a reset token for me.

Regards

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi oxFreedom,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

SwissMaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
AnimaliA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please also send reset token request to my base station. Still having this problem and I tried everything except for the reset token. Thank you!

Kingsvillains
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP could you please send me a base station reset token? I have again encountered the issue with HomeKit and the token worked last time. Thanks.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SwissMaster, AnimaliA, Kingsvillains,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Apburke15
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have the same problem as others on this thread

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Arlo-Pro-2-HomeKit-setup-issues/m-p/1751085

Unable to setup HomeKit which worked before and seemed to be resolved by a token reset. Can I have the token reset please?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Apburke15,

Apburke15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica.  I have tried to reset HomeKit but I can’t remove the basestation as it says it is unresponsive although it is working and linked to a camera.  I think there may be an issue with the basestation.  Amy ideas?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you remove the Base Station, make sure you're "unplugging and re-plugging the power" on your Base Station/SmartHub: To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start.

Yens
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like I also need a token reset. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Yens
Berny710
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo is stuck at connecting the bridge. One hour waiting and don’t connect. Already reseted the base station. Turned off. No luck. Considering returning them. The only reason to bought the system was homekit integration. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am the same issue: Stuck on Discovering your device. Please wait.

I understand you need to reset an authentication token, how does that work / how do I request it?

Thanks

Kfortune117
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also no longer able to connect via HomeKit on my pro 2 system. Can My hub be sent a reset token also?
RockyB_vl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, Please send a token to my base station. Thanks.

I am convinced that Arlo & HomeKit are not very compatible. 😞
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Yens, Berny710, Gimrigz, Kfortune117, RockyB_vl,

zoomies
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I've removed my Arlo Pro 2 kit from one Homekit account and I want to add it to another. It hangs on the "Discovering your device. Please wait". Can you send the token/auth reset please?

Thanks!

Formsguy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need a token reset too. Stuck in discovering your device screen.
trying to connect to HomeKit. I was once connected but after some issues I tried to reconnect and cannot. I’ve read others having this same issue and you would send them a token reset to the base and it would solve the issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi zoomies, Formguys2,

CabelloA
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m trying to connect my smart hub to my apple HomeKit but I keep getting this message “Uncertified Accessory”
Mistydwn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get my arlo pro 2 base station to connect to Homekit and I've seen that's a recurring issue and is essentially always solved by customer service sending a token reset. How can I get one? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CabelloA, Mistydwn,

Mistydwn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked like a charm! Connected with no issue at all after restarting with the token. Thank you so much!

dvmeeks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you help send a token reset so I can add it to my Apple Homekit?