Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
Dadzilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you send me a token reset? I can't get HomeKit to work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Skaveny and Dadzilla,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Souzart
Aspirant
Aspirant
tsikboi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I have the same issue. I am stuck in discovering mode. Can you please send a token. Thank You.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Souzart and tsikboi,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

LCSG49
Tutor
Tutor

Stuck on Discovering Devices when picking Homekit on the Devices/Base screen. 

Souzart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica thanks for your reply however I am still facing the same issue. So I follow the steps, go to my devices, select my homebase, homekit, set up home kit. It scan for devices, it finds the homebase, I select it, now it asks me to select a home a room etc ok I do it. Next it request me to licate the qr code in the back of my base. I do not have a qr code or any homekit code so there is nothing to scan or any code to enter! Any clues?
gungunbluer
Initiate
Initiate
Can’t add base station and camera to HomeKit, stuck in “discovering your device” page forever.
Tried everything including reboot base station, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. Still not working
ANReid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having this issue with my VMB4000r3. Can't seem to get past the "Discovering your device" screen.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LCSG49, gungunbluer, and ANReid,

Hi Souzart,

Refer to the article that explains how to connect your Arlo camera to HomeKit (there is a section on that article that explains how to set it up without the setup code): How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit. If you're still having problems, please contact the Support Team so they can further assist you. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

trusty97
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having this issue with my VMB4000r3. Can you please send a token reset to me too?

Souzart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica. Unfortunately the explanation on the article does not make any sense at all. I can do all steps up to step 7 but at that stage to add cameras it requests me to scan a code, enter a code manually or have the camera close to my phone. I do not have a code, there is nothing to scan on the cameras and keep phone close to camera does nothing so I am stuck in that step. The app only give me 3 options at step 8 as I said: 1. Scan code to add camera, keep phone close to camera (does nothing) or enter a manual code (I do not have one). The app does not find any cameras and the process needs to be cancelled without sucess so homebase is not added to homekit. I am attaching a picture here at the moment I am stuck. As I said I can do everything up to item 7 of the instructions “how to setup without a code” but step 8 does not make sense. Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi trusty97,

linuxpng
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey JessicaP,

I am having the same issue as in this thread.  Can you reset the token please?

jpdubose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey. Count me in for the token reset also. Thanks!

EchoC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

I've also had this issue for quite a long time. Just found this thread.

Can you please send a token reset request to my base station as well?

Thanks a lot.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi linuxpng, jpdubose, EchoC,

mkb91
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need the same thing, please. Had to remove from HomeKit and now stuck trying to discover the device to add it back. I would also suggest that this functionality be made available to end users. It’s unfortunate that users have to google and reply to a forum thread to achieve something so basic as re-adding their device to HomeKit.

Also, I have two accounts (parents also have Arlo) and am not sure which (if any) is linked to my forum account. Please contact me privately if the linked account is a different model from what I entered here.
pgm_hellas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you reset my token on my base station. I am stuck on "discovering device". Case no 42229708 (still unresolved)

plutoalpha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I need to get a token reset as well. Removed the VMB4000r3 from HomeKit to try to get cameras working and now it won’t go past discovering. Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mkb91,

Your Arlo Community account is also your main Arlo account. Also do know that to use Apple HomeKit, you will need the following Base Station/SmartHub:

• VMB5000: 1.14.0.9_137_8e45094
  • VMB4540: 1.15.0.2_371_f7780e1
  • VMB4500: 1.14.0.2_2777
  • VMB4000: 1.14.0.2_2776

Hi plutoalpha and pgm_hellas,

mb7
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mb7,

progeny412
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I'm here for the same reason that many others appeared to have joined this thread; I need a token reset for my base station so that I can complete my HomeKit setup.  Please help - thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi progeny412,