Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa motion notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JonGriff
Tutor
Tutor

There seems to be lots of closed threads on this topic but none which show a fix or solution.

I'm after setting up a simple routine where motion on a camera speaks an alert on an echo dot. "motion announcements'" are switched on on the relevant camera within Alexa and the routine works fine when tested in the App. The camera however NEVER achieves the announcement when there is motion

I have tried the basic uninstall / reinstall advice in those archived thread but to no avail. Has anybody ever managed to get this to work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JonGriff
Tutor
Tutor
I HAVE A SOLUTION

After a week I was finally contacted via email telling me to uninstall / install the skill again on Alexa 🙄

What I did notice is the uninstalling the skill doesn’t remove the cameras from Alexa. I did this manually, reinstalled the skill, “found” the cameras, switched on motion announcements and it now works !!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, I asked about this more than a year ago, guess they couldn't be bothered to address it.  Par for the course with these clowns.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JonGriff

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

JonGriff
Tutor
Tutor

Tried this. Live chat went to someone in the States who arranged a call back from the UK team for 3pm today. Nobody called. Poor.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JonGriff

Do you happen to have a case number I can review?

JonGriff
Tutor
Tutor
Sure 41998576
JonGriff
Tutor
Tutor
I HAVE A SOLUTION

After a week I was finally contacted via email telling me to uninstall / install the skill again on Alexa 🙄

What I did notice is the uninstalling the skill doesn’t remove the cameras from Alexa. I did this manually, reinstalled the skill, “found” the cameras, switched on motion announcements and it now works !!