Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Added myself in my mom's account as grant access and then added Alexa skill for Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KJSS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got some ultra 2's at costco few days ago. My mom set up them in her email. I added my self in her app as a friend and granted my self access. I then added the alexa skill in my account and linked it to arlo. I then said search for devices. But no arlos found. I can cast to tv. But I would like the skill working so I can use an echo show or something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The reason I ask is because if you're adding the Arlo Alexa skill as a grant access user, you will not be able to use the skill unless you're a main account holder.

If you are the main account holder, try to disable and re-enable the skill and see if that works.

Feel free to read here to learn how to enable the skill: How can I pair my Arlo cameras with Amazon Alexa?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi KJSS,

Are you trying to add the Arlo Alexa Skill for grant access user or just for yourself as the main account holder?

KJSS
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am just trying to enable the alexa skill. Dont care how its done.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The reason I ask is because if you're adding the Arlo Alexa skill as a grant access user, you will not be able to use the skill unless you're a main account holder.

If you are the main account holder, try to disable and re-enable the skill and see if that works.

Feel free to read here to learn how to enable the skill: How can I pair my Arlo cameras with Amazon Alexa?

KJSS
Aspirant
Aspirant
That worked thanks.
KJSS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Actually the cameras started showing up on my account even though I am not the primary.

But now when I say alexa show me the front door on my fire hd 10 or 7 it just says waiting for arlo. Then goes back to main screen.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're still having problems with nothing showing from your Alexa device, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.