Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

your website at https://arlo.netgear.com was messed up

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
SDCH
Follower
Follower

Just bought your security system on boxing day. The hw was perfect but the web app looks not professionally designed. it worked fine until this morning. the layout seemed changed a lot and we could not link to our cameras...... This is NOT ACCEPTABLE to be advitised as a security system. Plz get your system fully tested before you deployed it!!! Netgear could get sued by customers because of this!! It is really shaking our faith in using this system. Plz kindly get the issues fixed before customers decide to return them.

6 REPLIES 6
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

it looks like they are in the middle of a redesign; my system has been offline all morning. You're right though, the rollout should have been seamless, especially because it is a security system and not just someone's blog or a shopping site.

tlsabq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  I have two installed systems in different states.  Both show offline, and I doubt they would both go down at the same time.  Concur that a security system needs total reliability, and this is not being reliable.

tlsabq

JE121
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears to be working now BUT  I cannont figure out how to set/edit Rules from the new  web interface using my desktop computer.    Does anyone know how to do this now?   My ios allows me to do so but It has not been updated.

lumos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unbelievable. Time, camera schedules and potential footage lost trying to troubleshoot something that was apparently caused by bungled system upgrade.  Come on Netgear, get your act together!

negated
Guide
Guide

Yup. Upgrade experience is not acceptable. If you can't figure out how to roll it out correctly, you should not be rolling it out. 

1. Try it on a test network first to see what happens.

2. Roll it out gradually to a few users at first and get their feedback.

3. Make fixes, etc.

4. Gradually roll it out to everyone else while watching for feedback and stop/revert if necessary. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Arlo Community,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience the outage may have caused. We take your feedback very seriously. Rest assured we are doing everything possible to ensure this type of issue does not happen again. 

We believe the system has been fully restored as of this afternoon. Please let us know if you continue to experience any unexpected behavior and we will promptly investigate further.

Thanks again for your contribution to the Arlo Community!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation