Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

solar panel options

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
VicBee1
Follower
Follower

I'm looking for a security camera with a detachable solar panel to charge it but I don't need 2 way audio...I see the solar panel is an accessory option for the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 but not for the basic Arlo.  Is there a technical reason I couldn't use the panel on an Arlo?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@VicBee1

The original Arlo cameras came out long before the solar panels were available and Arlo has not changed the design of the original cameras to accept solar panels. Although people use rechargeable batteries in these cameras, they were not designed originally to work with them. There is no opening for a connector, (and no connector) to accept the cable from a solar panel. (I believe people have rigged up ways to connect solar panels to these cameras, but bear in mind they did so at their own risk and would voided their warranties if Arlo was aware that these modifications were used).

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@VicBee1

The original Arlo cameras came out long before the solar panels were available and Arlo has not changed the design of the original cameras to accept solar panels. Although people use rechargeable batteries in these cameras, they were not designed originally to work with them. There is no opening for a connector, (and no connector) to accept the cable from a solar panel. (I believe people have rigged up ways to connect solar panels to these cameras, but bear in mind they did so at their own risk and would voided their warranties if Arlo was aware that these modifications were used).

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation