Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

recording longer than 2 mins

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
buttons
Follower
Follower

i would like to record constantly not just in 2 min bursts  is it possable to just record for hours and how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

buttons wrote:

i would like to record constantly not just in 2 min bursts  is it possable to just record for hours and how?

With the Q camera, you have 2 option by default... time record on motion(10sec to 2 mins ) or record till motion stops.

The only way you can record for more is via the CVR option ( a paid option ) which will record for 24/7 and you can view any section of time you wish.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

buttons wrote:

With the Q camera, you have 2 option by default... time record on motion(10sec to 2 mins ) or record till motion stops.

The only way you can record for more is via the CVR option ( a paid option ) which will record for 24/7 and you can view any section of time you wish.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, the wireless cameras need batteries so continuous viewing/recording would drain them in short order. The Q cameras can live view and record for long periods of time (well over an hour - no idea if there's an upper limit) but normal recording is limited as noted above.  File size is huge, making such an endeavor problematic.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation