Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

playback is stuck, won't show video

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
demetrih
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera has started to not playback any video.  Sometimes it won't even load the actual video on the screen for me.  Now today, I can't play the video.  I just see like a screen shot of the sceen and then it is stuck there.  The video timer moves like it is showing me something, but nother is there.  I am so frustrated with this.  I am supposed to be able to use this for security and we can't even view the clips that we need to see when I need to see it.  I am very frustrated.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try downloading the video to view locally. If it plays OK, its something with your app or browser. Try the other to see if it works.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this in the app? Or through your web browser? Can you give us more details? If app, which OS? If browser, which browser? Video playback comes from the cloud so you'll need both a fast-ish internet connection as well the correct software for playback

demetrih
Aspirant
Aspirant

it actually happens everywhere.  through the web browser and through the app.  i have tried downloading to see if that works and it doesn't play there either.  when i try to view from the timeline option and not the library, same thing.  you can't even view the picture sometimes.  just black screen.  i can see pictures in the library but not video.  just the first shot is all that i can see.  like it is stuck on that picture.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the camera doesn't have a good connection with the base.  Temporarily move the camera closer for testing or swap cameras around if you have more than one.

kellycares4you
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did your issue get resolved?  I'm having the same issue.  Just started today for some reason.  Please let me know how you resolved your playback issue.  Thanks very much. 

xraynella
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive started to have this issue as well.  I am able to view the video through my mac laptop but it will not playback on the app.  I have always used it through the app but last week this started. I have deleted the app and redownloaded it and am still having the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation