Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

outdoor camera triggered by a objects put of range

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am experiencing that my front outdoor camera is being triggered by passing cars HOWEVER my camera's sensors are only on my front porch and partially on tje driveway. The road itself is well past 50 ft. The field of view is all on my front porch and part of my driveway and just a sliver of the road! The vehicles triggering the camera are coming from the rear of the camera approx 300ft. My camera picks up every car coming from that direction (daytime only) as it has time to trigger,activate, communicate and record to the base station (10 sec) as it records footage 2 secs just prior to the vehicle entering in the field of view and heading AWAY from the camera. Not too concerned other than for battery life. Is this common? Is the sun affecting this somehow? Car radio or other electronics?
3 REPLIES 3
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

One of my cameras that's covering a path on the side of my house and oriented towards the front is picking up the garbage truck some 50-60 ft away in the street twice a week.

You have the following options to remedy:

1. place a cap above your camera lens to limit the field of view of the PIR sensor,
  2. orient the camera down further, so that unwanted triggering events are outside of the field of view,
  3. orient the camera upside down.
demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for your response, however the camera is being triggered from cars approaching from behind the camera (during the day with sunlight) Cars incoming or in front or facing the camera never trigger it (which I do not care for it to do)
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Behind the camera? You mean as if the camera had eyes in the back of its head? Wow, must be the teacher/mother version of Arlo's wirefree model. Didn't know they made that.

Ok, kidding aside. Any chance there is a window or some other surface that is reflecting onto the front of the camera when a car passes? That's the only way I can think of how this would happen. I would urge you to reposition or reorient the camera and try a few different positions and locations.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation