Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion Detection for the wireless arlo

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TorriPrchal
Follower
Follower

My husband and I just bought the Arlo system since someone is peeing on our cars and sticking nails in them. We are in apartment town houses and were told we can only install them inside the house looking out. We were able to get a great view from inside the house but now we never get any motion detection. I can walk all the way up to the window and wave my arms and never be recorded.  I think the window might be causing the interfearance, but we have no choice but to have them indoors. Think you can help me find a solution?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, the wireless cameras use IR detection which doesn't work through glass. Were you told why only indoors?  If it's to prevent holes, etc. on the exterior there are some Velcro strips and decent double-sided tapes that could possibly be used to mount the cameras in a non-permanent way.

The Arlo Q cameras will work through glass due to a different detection method but in either case you'd have to rely on existing light outside since the night vision IR illuminators would reflect off the glass, blinding the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation