Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
skip2753
Initiate
Initiate

I have my camera mode configured with geofencing such that they are armed when my (2) devices are both away and when inside the geofence, they should follow a simple schedule (time of day for awake or asleep).  This allows us to arm or disarm various cameras even when we are inside the geofence.

The first problem I am having is that the schedule doesn't appear to be dynamically updating or it is *very* slow to respond.  By this I mean that when our devices enter the geofence, the mode correctly changes to the, then, correct schedule mode, however, as the time of day progresses, the mode doesn't change as expected.  For example, as I write this, the time of is 7:30 am et and the mode should have changed to "at home awake" (from "at home asleep") at 5:00 am et.  Unfortuanely, I'm still waiting and the result is that cameras that should be disarmed (because we are now awake) are being trippered by our movement.

The second problem is that the reaction time to crossing the geofence seems to be *very* slugish.  For example, I have a camera trained on my garage door, however, as I arrive in my car, crossing into the geofence, I get the appropriate notification on my device (an iPhone 6), however, the garage camera still triggers as I open the door and enter the garage with my vehicle.  I started with the small radius, and am now at the medium radius and will try the large radius next but I'm skeptical that it will solve the problem.

I'm still very optimistic that these bugs will be ironed out of the new system.  I suspect it is possibly a matter of inadequate compute resources in the datacenter.

9 REPLIES 9
GeordieDan
Star
Star

I'm having similar issues - I also set geofencing to run on a schedule when at home but find that it doesn't always update to the correct timeslot

EarlyAdopter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same experience / issue when configuring the Geofence + Multiple Users + Calendar.

My conclusion is the App logic is not looking at the Calendar at all.  I've called and send emails about this issue.  I hope someone on the development team is looking at this and will be providing an update soon.  Without this functionality, the geofence and calendar integration (lack of) eliminates any benefit for me.  I have reverted back to the Scheduled (without Geofence) until this is solved.

Coppernic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiencing the same issues as noted. It would be great to either have geolocation run on a schedule or have "home mode" run a schedule for nighttime arming.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have forwarded these topics to the beta team for review. Geofencing is still a beta feature and will see more updates in the future.

Some users have reported refreshing their enabled devices (toggle enabled devices off, save, and then toggle back on) has helped with the issue being discussed here.

JamesC

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Exact same problem here.  While the base station (geofencing) does detect that I am home, it does not change the schedule to disarmed at 6:00 am as it is supposed to.  It is now 7:30 am and base station status is still ARMED and motion is being detected and push notifications going out.  Schedule also does not allow for an ending time greater than starting time.  IE 10pm - 6am.  You have to enter it in 2 parts 10pm-1159pm and then 12:00am - 6am.  Would be nice to fix that as well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

burgr86,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within the Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

The schedule allows modes to be allocated at any time during a day as long as they remain within that day (for example, 12:00 a.m.-11:59p.m.)

This is intended, if you wish to schedule into a new day you must end the mode at 11:59p.m. and start a new mode on the new day at 12:00 a.m.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance are you using an Android app on v6.x? That version may be able to keep the app alive via the battery savings setting.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice
No iOS. The app shows I am in the zone yet the vase station remain armed. Seems it area fine fine I leave but does not disarm when I return
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried to INCREASE the geo-zone just a bit larger....

I found my first settings when tested were to small to allow proper on/off ,  due to a-gps vs "cell tower " gps accuracy

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation