Windows phone app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rwinter
Guide
Guide

Any updates on the windows 10 app? I currently have 4 arlo cameras sitting in a box because I don't have a solution for my windows 10 phone 😞

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

rwinter wrote:

I currently have 4 arlo cameras sitting in a box because I don't have a solution for my windows 10 phone 😞

This is not the arlo forum.

I'll move this into the right forum area.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't hold your breath.  You can always check the Idea Exchange section here for status (on the left side).  The W10 app isn't being developed since you can use a browser for the computer and the very low percentage of Windows phones makes it a long shot for any development (and that's not just Netgear).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

jguerdat wrote: Don't hold your breath.  

Microsoft reported sales of $5M this quarter on windows phones.  Two years ago it was ~$1.3B.

I think it's unlikely that Microsoft can turn this around.  

So I agree - there is no incentive for any company to invest in new Windows phone apps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I also saw something the other day saying that MS was effectively dropping support of the phone segment.  I don't recall the specific wording but it wasn't reassuring for Windows phone owners.

dsto69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, it's a real shame too. I held on to Windows for a long, long time. I loved it. It (Especially Windows 10 phone) is a really nice OS. A real shame that strange circular (No Apps..No users. No users...no apps) problem never let it gain a foothold. I had to bail and went Android.