Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video storage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
erb872
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am past my 7 day clloud deal. Will the system still store video's at least on temporary basis for the athories should I have a break in and if so, what is the capacity? what are my "other" storage options if any?

Thanks Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Understand that 7 days' storage is on a rotating basis.  You can only keep the most recent 7 days - older than that will be deleted automatically.  Thus, you don't run out of storage after 7 days.  If you're concerned about videos being lost, download them.  I use a Python script that does this automatically for me so I never lose a single video.  If you're interested, PM me your email address.  Otherwise, proactively download them yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Understand that 7 days' storage is on a rotating basis.  You can only keep the most recent 7 days - older than that will be deleted automatically.  Thus, you don't run out of storage after 7 days.  If you're concerned about videos being lost, download them.  I use a Python script that does this automatically for me so I never lose a single video.  If you're interested, PM me your email address.  Otherwise, proactively download them yourself.

erb872
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh wow, I totally missunderstood the way it works, thanks you so much for the info!!!!!

Cjruss68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

any chance I could get your script for automatically downloading videos?

thanks

chris

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, PM me your email address.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation