Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update Deleted Important Video

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
borregonegro121
Tutor
Tutor
I just updated my app and an important video was deleted! I needed this video in order to show the FEDS I am being intimidated by a known gang member with a hatchet in hand and gloves on! So much for buying an expensive camera system!
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

borregonegro121,

Content is stored on the cloud only for as long as your subscription allows. For example if you have the Basic subscription any content older than 7 days will automatically be deleted after 7 days. We recommend that you download and store locally any content you would like to save for future use.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

borregonegro121 wrote:
I just updated my app and an important video was deleted! I needed this video in order to show the FEDS I am being intimidated by a known gang member with a hatchet in hand and gloves on! So much for buying an expensive camera system!

I have at least a few temporary solutions for you.  The videos seem to still be there (unknown how long this will last), just not seen.  A web browser that was previously used to view the web site but not the one you usually use MAY use the cached version of the site which could gain you access to the Recycle Bin.  If you flush the cache or have never used another web browser, this won't work.

If you have the old app installed, I just found that you can click on a date beyond those that are in effect for you plan (7 days for the basic plan like mine) and the old videos still show. Perhaps you can download them (didn't try). If you have the new app installed, you can go back to the old one by downloading it from an Internet site that keeps them.  I have used the following successfully with no known issues such as embedded malware (I scanned before installing):

https://apkpure.com/arlo/com.netgear.android

Finally, I have some Python scripts which also gain you unexpected access to these old videos.  It's not hard to install but requires a bit of effort to install Python and its companion support package, requests, as documented in the scripts.  You must also edit the scripts as documented with login info and location for saved videos.  There's a line that can be changed so you can manually go back until no more videos are found.  Once configured and all old videos are downloaded, you can revert the script to just the previous day and schedule the job in your computer to always download all files.  If you're interested, PM me your email address.

From now on, download any videos you want.  It's up to you to be proactive.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation