Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mikkelsander
Follower
Follower

Hi

I am using an Android Tablet (Samsung Galaxy S V) and I cant save any change of rules. I can click save, but it doesn't seem to save it, since next time I enter rules, the settings are all the same. It does however say "Updating changes" (or something similar, since I have Danish UI). This means I am unable to change sensitivity, and so far I have only been able to activate recording, if I stand right in front of the cameras.

Help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why you can save the settings but you could try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling.  That may help. Alternatively, use a computer with a supported browser.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to apps in your android settings, try a frorced stopp of the app and then clear the CACHE for the app.

Retry to save your edited rule.

If able try and do the setup on a PC . as it just seems to take the first time.

PS, not in this case, but just as a reminder... there are some screens that require 2 saves on the exit out in order to preserve settings.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MyArloCams
Aspirant
Aspirant

My record periods won't save.  Trying to change back to 10 sec, but they don't save.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MyArloCams,

What client are you using that is not allowing you to commit changes to your recording length (Web browser, Arlo mobile app)? What device are you using?

For example, if making a change using the web client, adjust the slider according to the length you would like your recording to be, click back and then click Save at the bottom of the screen. This will commit the changes made to your recording length.

JamesC

Janet123
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC wrote:

MyArloCams,

What client are you using that is not allowing you to commit changes to your recording length (Web browser, Arlo mobile app)? What device are you using?

For example, if making a change using the web client, adjust the slider according to the length you would like your recording to be, click back and then click Save at the bottom of the screen. This will commit the changes made to your recording length.

JamesC

What if there is no "save" option?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a bit of a mixed interface that really should be cleaned up. Some pages don't have a save selection in one interface, say the app, but may in the browser. Also, some save selection s are at the top while others are at the bottom. Always check top and bottom of the screen and if there's no save, use Back which will. Be sure to save both the rule and the mode as you finish.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation