Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger from other device?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sfo_user5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a highly reliable camera system that will not miss any motion events. From my reading here, the Arlo infrared system may miss motion events, particularly when ambient temps are near body temps. Question - is it possible to trigger recording when a separate external motion detector (or some other device) senses activity? 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Currently, your only choice would be to use one camera to only detect motion and use a second one to do the recording (set up a new rule to do this). Also, add kudos to threads such as the following:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Motion-Detection/idi-p/8082

as well as any others in that forum to add interest in additional options for the system.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

no external sensors yet... one nevers knows.

best I've done so far is with rules as follows;

First Rule -  Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 1.

Second Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 1 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Third rule-  Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 2.

Fourth Rule- Select Motion is detected on camera 2 and to Record Video on camera 1.

It works well for me, these are inside cams with an open floor plan.  I get recording from both cams, front and back.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

If you buy, keep the reciept.....

sfo_user5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all your feedback. I understand rules and appreciate advice. Will update board with progress as warranted.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation