Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System Armed but no recording or alert

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

One out of 4 cameras have been sending false alerts like crazy (every minute)... it ran out of battery two times in last 3 days...now I put that cam on charger one more time.. Other three cameras were recording movements just fine untill this morning... now all four cameras stopped recording... The system is armed but no video recording is happening...no alert either... neither in web portal or iphone app. Any help?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest thing to do first is power button reboot the base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are kidding me right? I plan to leave my house unattended for a month... long vacation... If this happens while I am away who will do that?

Anyone on the product suppport team can help?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, not kidding... I said it was the easiest thing to try,

If you want to check further, the make sure the "arming" is correct by going to the live view screen and make sure the "running man" above each camera is black ( not gray which is off )

Or just contact Netgear Support here ;  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Running man is neither gray or black... its orange ... any ideas what that means? 🙂

running man.PNG

The system is Armed... no sure what you mean by correct?

system armed.PNG

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running man is ORANGE when it detects motion and is RECORDING...

sound like the camera is stuck in record mode... you could always pull the battery pack to reset the camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Or flush the cache of the app or browser. Additionally, power cycling the base can also fix this.
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

All Cameras were showing ORANGE. I went to live mode on all and then paused all one by one... that fixed the issue...

that said the product looks buggy and unstable and I am going to retun this... I might buy it again once these issues are fixed...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's a display issue. That's why I suggested flushing the cache.
mjarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

--> It's a display issue. That's why I suggested flushing the cache.

don't know how you can flush cache for an app.

this hardly looks like display issue as all cameras stop recording. no email alert as well...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The cache, at least on Android, is available via phone settings, apps, Arlo, clear cache. Reinstall I the app does the same thing via brute force.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Reinstalling
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation