Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Move To HTML5

Highly recommend moving from flash to HTML5. Many work provided mobile devices restrict app installing and since Android and Apple don't have flash support so you cannot stream the cameras through browsers. Flash has become very restricted in its support. Moving to HTML5 would solve a lot of issues and provide better future compatibility.

Greg

Comments
MM_Starfish
Novice

It's now almost August 2019, this thread is more than 4 and a half years old, and Arlo's website still requires Flash. Adobe Flash is end-of-life in 2020. Where is the plan to move to HTML5? People do still use computers, and loading 90+ cameras' worth of flash feeds (We have three enteprise-level accounts) takes away my precious life force. Arlo/Netgear, please do something about this. It's a nightmare.

JanL
Onlooker

Can you tell us what system you've migrated to? I'm thinking of replacing it too

arlouser355
Onlooker

Arlo is STILL using Flash? 

78Firebird
Novice

Chrome (and edge) will not support Flash in 2020.  Is Arlo planning on finally converting to HTML5?  

TomMac
Guru

Yes

sbrading
Follower

Do we know when they are going to HTML5?

dfp42
Star

Judging by the total lack of response by the Arlo folks, looks like it might be more "if" than "when" at this time. I suppose, once their entire video function breaks, they'll panic and cobble something together that sorta works, and eventually they'll catch up with the rest of the world. Really sad -- they've had 4 years to get this done.

Great hardware, questionable software.

REB1149
Apprentice

They avoid this thread like it has the mumps , if you get my drift ! Please we need answers !

DrSkorzy
Initiate

Got notice that Flash on Chrome will have end of support in 2020

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

This means that the Arlo web interface will cease to work in Chrome.

Are there plans to migrate away from Chrome? There hasn't been much communication about this from what I've found.

Thank you

-J

thepm56
Follower

Hi, I've had my Arlo system for over two years now. Barring a few issues with both the IOS and Android apps not picking up the device's location consistently, for Geofencing purposes, I am very happy with it all.

That said, it was announced some time ago that Adobe was to phase out Flash Player in 2020 and since that announcement, all the browsers have placed messages and/or require you to click on buttons to "enable" flash player.

I have not seen, nor anyone else in the forums, what or when Arlo is going to replace flash player with. This is becoming an annoyance at least but is a real nuisance every day.

You have got to be aware of what is pending, so you must have a plan to replace flash player. Could you please share with your loyal customers, so we can at least see a light at the end of this proverbial tunnel!!  

Many Thanks, Paul