Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Showing Feed on Website

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
innsbrookcondos
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know how i can take my camera's feed and embed it on my website. I have a lake being remodeled and want guests to be able to see the progress that it is making throughout the construction process.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'd have to do this manually by downloading the videos and making them available on your website.  You can't directly grab the stream or videos to do this.

jacksonp2008
Initiate
Initiate

So I have to call BS on the one.  the ARLO interface shows embedded video, give us the code.  That's ridiculous.

ashmueli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see how this functionality will require an API to deal with the security and authentication issues. Even if you are OK with opening up the stream to the world, it has to be done in a way that will not compromise other users' video transport. I would like to embed the Arlo feed in a web page. The last thing I would want is to have the Arlo feed, or its authentication and credentials passed in the clear the way my cheap Chinese video cameras used to do.

lisamichael
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe try running Fiddler and see if you can find the url in a sniffer capture? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation