Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting one camera on a schedule and rest on motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Socjoc12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 cameras and would like to keep the three I have outside to detect "on motion" 24/7 and the one I have inside to be on a schedule. Is that possible? And how would I do it?

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct - only one mode at a time.  That's why you need to create two modes to be runin unique time periods.  All cameras for certain times and only a few at another.  Each mode will contain rules for the cameras of interest.  Here's a hypothetical scenario:

Mode 1 has all cameras  enabled.

Mode 2 has only the outdoor cameras enabled.

Schedule:

Midnight to 7AM uses Mode 1

7:01AM to 7PM uses Mode 2

7:01PM to 11:59PM uses mode 1

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Two new modes. One has all cameras applied and the other has only the outside cameras. Add the mode with all cameras using the start and stop times you desire for the inside camera to be active. Add the 3 camera mode to the times the first mode doesn't cover. Remember that the schedule starts and stops at midnight so don't try to schedule a mode that "wraps around" midnight - two separate schedulings are needed.
Socjoc12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still confused 😞 I was able to create a schedule for the one inside camera that I wanted on a schedule.  But it seems like I can only either chose to have my other three cameras that are outside to be on 24/7 or the inside camera on the schedule...both can't be running at the same time?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct - only one mode at a time.  That's why you need to create two modes to be runin unique time periods.  All cameras for certain times and only a few at another.  Each mode will contain rules for the cameras of interest.  Here's a hypothetical scenario:

Mode 1 has all cameras  enabled.

Mode 2 has only the outdoor cameras enabled.

Schedule:

Midnight to 7AM uses Mode 1

7:01AM to 7PM uses Mode 2

7:01PM to 11:59PM uses mode 1

Does that make sense?

Socjoc12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes that makes complete sense and was very helpful as I was able to program a schedule for what I wanted. Thanks for your help!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation