Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Selective notifcation by camera and time/day

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mchinsomboon
Star
Star

I have cameras in and around my buildings, and I would like to be able to Selectively choose which cameras give notifications and during which times of the day and even by day. For instance, the camera that I have looking out at the sidewalk should only send me notications after 10pm and before 8am anyday of the week - it's because it's a busy sidewalk and it sends me notifications so many times during the day that I end up ignore notifcations all together. I'd rather be able to be notified in the evening hours when it matters. Sure, it can still record all the activity, but only notify me when I need it. But then the camera in the rear, that should always send me notifications as I would want to know if someone is back there all the time. This feature would be really useful, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What you want to do is possible , but you'll have to create a bunch of custom modes.( depending on how many cameras involved, etc )

Say on CAM A , you want notices only during night hours...

You make 2 custom MODES, One call NIGHT, with alerts toggled on and One called DAY, with alerts toggled off

So during the day you would run the DAY Mode without alerts and at night run the NIGHT mode with alerts.

Cam B in the back would be with alerts on and included in both the above Modes

hope this helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation