Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

See all motion for the day at once?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Das304
Tutor
Tutor

The ability to see all motion for a given day at once would be a nice feature for Arlo!!  Any plans for the Arlo team to work on this functionailty?  I've seen it offered by a competitor and looks like a great time saver.

3 REPLIES 3
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary
Das304
Tutor
Tutor

The solution/feature I've seen by another provider allows you to click "play" once for a given day of captured motion....and you see all the motion recorded for the day at once.  Essentially it compiles all the motion-activated videos for the day and layers them on top of each other, with timestamps hovering next to each motion event. 

For example, if you had a delivery at 1 pm, and a cat walked by at 2 pm....using this feature you would click play once, and in what appears to be one video you would see the delivery man walking to your door with the 1pm timestamp hovering next to him.  In that same video you're watching, you would see the cat walking by but with the 2pm timestamp hovering next to it.  So you're viewing all motion at once in what appears to be one video.  No need to watch every individual video recorded that day.  Then, if you found something of interest, you could navigate to the ACTUAL individual video.

Would be a great feature for ARLO!!!

Laynard
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an excellent idea.  I also wish there was a way to watch videos at 2x or 4x speed, to quickly check videos for interesting/important motion.  

When viewing the videos on my desktop, in the Chrome browser, I can't even skip forward in the video without it completely freezing up most of the time.  I assume this is a known issue since Chrome is the most popular broswer on the internet.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation