Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling Problem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wrkelsa
Follower
Follower

No matter what I do I can not set the scheduling funcition to work correctly. If I try to set it up to start each night at 10 p,  and turn off at 9 am the next day. It will not take. Plus I am getting hundreds of hits even when nothing is there. I even turned off the motion but set get hits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To schedule overnight set the mode to start at midnight till whenever and then from some time till midnight.

By turning gnoff motion, can you verify that the running men in the Cameras tab are gray, not black? If black, you haven't chosen a mode or schedule that is disabled.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To schedule overnight set the mode to start at midnight till whenever and then from some time till midnight.

By turning gnoff motion, can you verify that the running men in the Cameras tab are gray, not black? If black, you haven't chosen a mode or schedule that is disabled.

ccso151
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. I work from 9p to 9a and it's a terrible oversight to not let the system use those hours. We don't all work during the day Netgear!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ccso151 wrote:

I agree. I work from 9p to 9a and it's a terrible oversight to not let the system use those hours. We don't all work during the day Netgear!

You misunderstand... you can program the schedule for 9 pm to 9am

BUT, you must break it into two parts ( keeps the day change out of the equation )

First half from 9 pm to 1159 ( then next day ) Second half from 12midnight to 9am

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ccso151
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I am new to this. Had the system for two days. Would you mind elaborating? I'm really not a tech guy. Thanks for the help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First it depends on which platform Web, IOS, or Android as the scheduler handles slighty different on all 3... but the basics are the same.

First fiq out the time you want a camera or cameras turned on for motion

( mind that you have 2 defaults ARM ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off ). If you have 3 cameras and want 2 of three to be on you must created new MODES)

read this re modes ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-new-mode-for-my-Arlo-Q-and-Ar...

read this re schedules; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-configure-and-use-the-Schedule-option/...

Just remember these tips;

1) ONLY one mode can run at a time

2) anytime the MODE runs thru midnight, break it into two parts A) upto 1159 B) midnight to when ever

3) any canmera NOT ON in the running mode will be OFF

Morse is faster than texting!
ccso151
Aspirant
Aspirant

You have been a great help. While I feel it's needlessly complicated I now know how the scheduling works. Thank you for taking the time to assist me TomMac!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation