Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Schedule geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vaplan
Initiate
Initiate
The ability to schedule geofencing. For example, geofencing from 8am to 7 pm and armed from 7pm to 8am.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vaplan,

This can be done by using Schedule within your Geofencing settings. Set up your schedule and then select it as "Home" or "Away" within Geofencing settings.

dcwilkins34,

Modes can only be scheduled on a per day basis. So in your scenario, you would need to schedule from 10pm-11:59pm and then schedule the mode again on the next day from 12:00am-5:30am.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dcwilkins34
Initiate
Initiate

I agree with the above!  After 24 hours with Arlo and comparing with and without SmartThings I deceided to run Arlo independent of SmartThings - I like the Arlo app better at this point.  The comments below relate only to the Arlo Q cameras I have purchased.  I have no experience with the battery cameras.

I have needs for the following features:

1 - Be able to group cameras and name the group then control cameras as a group.  You should be able to arm, disarm, schedule, or geofence individual groups or all groups.  Camera sensitivity, zoom, resolution, etc can all still be at the camera level.

2 - Agreeing with the above post - being able to schedule arming during sleep hours and geofencing during times you leave the house would be perfect.  The Arlo scheduling is better than the SmartThings "routines".

Bug? - I am not beyond user error but it seems like the scheduling function on iOS is buggy.  Often times are changed when you click 'done' from edit mode.  When I attempt an armed schedule of 10 PM - 5:30 AM the app changed the time before I could click 'done.'  I thought it might be from trying to span two days so I attempted to add a second schedule from 10PM - midnight and the app changed times as well.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vaplan,

This can be done by using Schedule within your Geofencing settings. Set up your schedule and then select it as "Home" or "Away" within Geofencing settings.

dcwilkins34,

Modes can only be scheduled on a per day basis. So in your scenario, you would need to schedule from 10pm-11:59pm and then schedule the mode again on the next day from 12:00am-5:30am.

JamesC

Vaplan
Initiate
Initiate
I think that works. Thank you.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation