Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording question

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mammothtarm
Star
Star
I just want to have Arlo record and stop when motion is detected. How do I do that. Right now it's set to 25s. I had a video this morning where someone was at my door standing and it stopped recording at 25s even though the person was still at the door.
4 REPLIES 4
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

I think what you are trying to ask is if Arlo can start recording when motion is detected,

and then stop when there is no further motion.

It doesn't look like so, as here is someone who requested this feature:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/If-you-can-make-this-one-change-I-will-accept-al...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I just want to have Arlo record and stop when motion is detected. How do I do that. Right now it's set to 25s. I had a video this morning where someone was at my door standing and it stopped recording at 25s even though the person was still at the door.

In this case the best you can do at this time is to increase the record time AND/OR sensitivity ...

If the man at the door stands still the sensor set low may not pick up the motion and stop recording. Motion across the FOV is best for detection.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mammothtarm
Star
Star
Ok thanks!!
Crawfishn
Aspirant
Aspirant

are you going to make this happen, if not now when?

I don't think I will buy this product until it can do this.   I don't want a special drive from netggear,

I use WD drives only.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation