Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record without alerts

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
philbus
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am wanting to setup a rule whereby one of my cameras records on motion, but does not end an alert. I can see where I can stop it sending me an email, but not how to stop it sending the alert to my phone/ipad.

I have a camera that I want to leave'active' all of the time, but don't necessarily ant hundreds of alerts for - just want to be able to go back and review footage if needed.

3 REPLIES 3
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In regard to alerts it's all or nothing. When you set up your system you are asked to allow alerts. The alerts are either on or off for the entire system. 

tinribs
Initiate
Initiate

That's just dumb.

Along with the lack of IFTTT support and the delayed recording after motion, I'm thinking Arlo has been a waste of my money. Luckily I can take mine back to Fry's tomorrow and wait until a competitor comes in and does this properly.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The emails are send from Arlo... the IOS push alerts are really part of Arlo and the APP...

You can turn off emails per camera, but for pushes it is either on or off... To turn off  ios push alerts, got into the app settings and toggle off.

Tha't one of the reasons I use email to sms format ( text ) to my phone... you can turn each cam on/off and it comes as a text which is easier for me to pop on screen ( push alerts are usu turned off. )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation