Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record Time

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
TimDinger
Follower
Follower

Whats up with the record time once the motion detector goes off Its only for 10 seconds at a time, Can I change that setting or is it a setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Investigate modes and rules using the Mode tab. The default Armed mode is set for 10 seconds. Make your own modes and rules to your liking.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Investigate modes and rules using the Mode tab. The default Armed mode is set for 10 seconds. Make your own modes and rules to your liking.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TimDinger,

Adding to what jguerdat states above, take a look at this article for step by step instructions on how to change recording length: How do I adjust the video recording length?

JamesC

A-ZIGGY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou that was helpful, because you just get to spy on your employees when it cuts out. I do think it is a bit rediculous that you cant extend the record time when the unit is in "Schedule Mode". Without this support I would not have known that I have to be in "Armed mode" to edit the record length. The settings site is not clear on this so Its a thumbs down for the useability of the site in this instance. If the lovely people at Arlo are Listening, could I suggest, rather than a setting for recording length... a setting which allows the rule "Stop recording after x seconds of inactivity/ no motion detection" It would be prudent to have at least 10 or more seconds just incase the person stands still for a period or they might be standing behind a desk but their hands which are hidden (no visible movement) but you still want the recording of them in the camera view. Maybe a better function would be to have some sort of heat sensor that detects "a person" in the camera field. So it continues recording while someone is in the view of the camera (moving or not). Other than that I am liking the system so far. Im not sure if I will keep it, however, as I have an issue with the stability of my internet connection.

nataharli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with Ziggy. To me, this is a deal killer. There is absolutely NO reason you shouldn't be able to increase the recording time while in a scheduled mode. 

Otherwise, you have to keep the cameras in "armed" mode and record every damned movement 24 hours a day. I don't need to get a recording of myself 50 times a day.

Goodbye battery life and goodbye to the benefits of having wireless cameras.

I had someone in my driveway at 3:45 this morning and the 10 seconds of recording was absolutely useless. 

I'm taking mine back to Costco tomorrow and getting another system. For a few dollars more I can get an 8-camera wired system rather than my 2-camera wireless Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You absolutely can increase recording time to 2 minutes. All you have to do is create your own mode or modify an existing one to do so. The schedule simply schedules modes - it isn't a mode itself.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation