Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Meaning of % in Motion Detection sensitivity?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Tats 

The percentage under motion detection refers to the sensitivity of motion detection. For example if you find that motion detection is not detecting small movements you may want to adjust this option to a higher percentage and test out your Arlo system. By increasing this option you increase the sensitivity of motion detection.

The same would go for if your Arlo camera was picking up too much movement and causing false alerts. In this case you would adjust the setting to a lower percentage and test out your Arlo camera.

I hope this answers your question

Always willing to help

The Arlo Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tats
Apprentice
Apprentice
Could someone provide clarification/explanation as to what the percentages mean? Does it mean that the field of view of the motion detection decreases/increases? Or, just that the program arbitrarily decides to record less? Or something else completely different?
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Tats 

The percentage under motion detection refers to the sensitivity of motion detection. For example if you find that motion detection is not detecting small movements you may want to adjust this option to a higher percentage and test out your Arlo system. By increasing this option you increase the sensitivity of motion detection.

The same would go for if your Arlo camera was picking up too much movement and causing false alerts. In this case you would adjust the setting to a lower percentage and test out your Arlo camera.

I hope this answers your question

Always willing to help

The Arlo Team

mgoodman
Tutor
Tutor

What is the difference between setting the sensitivity on a camera's motion detection test and adjusting amount of videos recorded on a rule for that camera?

darienhomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I adjusted my sensitivity but there is not anyplace to save the setting and it does not save the adjustment.  I tried to hit save on the camera page but no luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You set sensitivity in the Mode tab. Edit your modes set the sensitivity and go back to the previous page. Save is there at the top.

bradyfix
Aspirant
Aspirant
Move the slider left to right press the check mark on the right to save
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation