Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problems with new IOS 2.0.1_11309 Cannot access mode on my Samsong Galaxy 5

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

When selecting the mode tab on my phone it locks up on getting status.  Additionally when I go to settings and select my devices and select a device a message comes back saying "unfortunatley arlo has stopped".  I can access all my devices and modes when using my PC but not my phone.  Addional Info:  I can sign on to arlo with my wifes phone and access everything(I did not install the 12/30 update).

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For more help, it would be good to also post the OS version of same...

what does your wife have ; phone/os?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My galaxey 5 is 5.1.1, wifes is 46.0.2490.76.

Thread did not help (totally different problem).  When I select mode it locks up on getting status. 

rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry she has a gallexy 6.  She is running arlo 1.10.2_9903.  My arlo is 2.0.1_11309.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, but got nothing here... Tested the new version 2.0.1-11309 but running os 4.4 on an older LG

Not seeing problems ( but last version was opertating clunky a bit )...

Try and test it on LTE  instead of WIFI and see if any changes happen.. ( or opposite if on lte )

If the same, I'd post a trouble ticket so Netgear is aware of the android issue

Morse is faster than texting!
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Hi.

Any luck yet with a solution?

We are having the same issue since the 30/12/2015 V2.0.1_11309 update. Can only access Modes from PC. We have different model phones and neither of them will let us change mode since update and we are going away shortly, so this is highly annoying!!! Where we live there is lots of vegetation so if it's windy it sets off constantly.

Help!

I have a Kogan Agora (fake Samsung?) and he has a HTC 1 XL.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Username666,

Consider reinstalling the Arlo app to further isolate the issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues accessing modes from your android devices after the reinstall.

JamesC

rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reloaded the software several times form my router and from LTE.  Have restared my phone, I have restarted my router, have done a power off restart of the base station.  I have also deleted the cameras and base station and reloaded them.  Still have the same problem.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rllacy,

I am unable to replicate this issue when using a Samsung Galaxy S4 on 5.0.1. Do you have any issues trying to access anything else within the app or does this only happen when trying to access modes?

JamesC

rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I go to settings and select my devices and select a device a message comes back saying "unfortunatley arlo has stopped". 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are there any phone updates to be installed?

rllacy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked and my ios and software are up to date.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hmph. There's a new firmware on the base - any chance it works ok now?  I guess a trouble ticket would be in order.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation