Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PROBLEMS-PROBLEMS !!!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Redrocr
Guide
Guide

I have been reading alot of these posts, and it seems like I am not the only one having problems just in the last week ! 

First question- how is it that my *alerts are turned OFF- yet I am still getiing alerted all day long on my phone?

Second- what is the *yellow flash* at the beginning of a recording that I am watching on my phone?

I can only get one * green running man on... just very frustrated !!! 

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

From your description, the rule/modes are screwed up...

if all motion is turn off 1) there will be no alerts to you phone, 2) all the running men will be gray

so check this from the camera live view screens.. verify and advise back

Go to the mode for ALL MOTION OFF and make sure each camera is check GRAY/off

If only one of the running men go Green when you turn on ALL MOTION ON... the Modes should be edited to turn on all the cameras on ( check marks at the end of each camera must be GREEN /on )

Advise back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Redrocr wrote:

I have been reading alot of these posts, and it seems like I am not the only one having problems just in the last week ! 

First question- how is it that my *alerts are turned OFF- yet I am still getiing alerted all day long on my phone?

Second- what is the *yellow flash* at the beginning of a recording that I am watching on my phone?

I can only get one * green running man on... just very frustrated !!! 

1) There are two alerts - mobile app and email.  You turn email alerts off in the Settings screen for rules while the mobile app is disabled via the device.  I can't speak for iOS but for Android you would use the device settings, choose Applications (and Application Manager, if present), choose the Arlo app and uncheck the "Show Notifications" at the top left.

2) I don't get a yellow flash. I'd guess that it's just an artifact of the video driver for your device, especially if it doesn't do the same thing when viewing via a web browser.

3) Tom's thoughts on your rules/modes is likely the issue with only one green running man. Recheck them and verify the color of the check marks when selecting cameras and rules as you go through since I find the green to be a bit of a subtle change from the black or gray when something is not selected.  You can also turn the schedule off and turn all motion on to see if all cameras then have a green running man.  If so, it's definitely your rules/modes.

luis
Aspirant
Aspirant
my camarad ara not working
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

luis wrote:
my camarad ara not working

To quote an old movie:

"Need more data."

garrycarver
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my 4 cameras shows some red lines instead of all green like the other 3 show.  This shows up when I select this specifice camera.  It is displayed just below the camera picture when I turn it on.  Not sure why it looks different.  I thought it was the batteries, but I put new ones in.  This view if right next to the battery strength view.  Can you help me?

Garry

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A screenshot might help.  I'm not sure whether the camera itself is showing the red lines or if it's just the display outside of the camera view.  If it's the camera view itself, I'd think a trouble ticket for a bad camera would be in order.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation