Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Daniel
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

I have a camera which I installed outdoors on a tree.  It was working fine for the last 6 months, but in the last two weeks the motion sensor is only detecting motion when a person passes extremlely close to the camera (within 4 feet). Is there a safe way to clean the motion sensor to see if the detection goes back to normal?

Thank you,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Daniel,

Kindly answer the questions I have summarized below?

1. Have you tried rebooting the camera(s) installed outdoors on a tree by opening the battery lid then closing it? 

2.  If ever you have camera(s) deployed indoors, have you tried swapping the camera(s) deployed outdoors with the ones that are deployed indoors and check if same problem occurs?

3. Just curious, what it the usual degree of temperature during the past 6 months compared to the last 2 weeks you have observed the problem? I am just thinking that it might be related to a change in temperature.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

..........watiing to hear the answer on this one

besides cleaning the front of the camera, I dont know if anything else can be done.....  at least your motion detection worked for 6 months....

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Same boat here.. Who knows when it's fixed?
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Daniel,

Kindly answer the questions I have summarized below?

1. Have you tried rebooting the camera(s) installed outdoors on a tree by opening the battery lid then closing it? 

2.  If ever you have camera(s) deployed indoors, have you tried swapping the camera(s) deployed outdoors with the ones that are deployed indoors and check if same problem occurs?

3. Just curious, what it the usual degree of temperature during the past 6 months compared to the last 2 weeks you have observed the problem? I am just thinking that it might be related to a change in temperature.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Here it comes.......

"The motion detection range decreases as the outside ambient temperature reaches 98.6 degrees".......

Daniel
Initiate
Initiate
Hi DaneA, I tried restarting the camera by removing the batteries, waited about 1 minute, and the reinserted them and resync'd the camera. I also wiped the front of the camera gently with a soft damp cloth. Doing these two things seems to have helped, and the camera is now operating normally like it used to in the past. Thank you for your help, Daniel
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to know that the camera(s) deployed outdoors on a tree is now working like it used to be.  Smiley Very Happy

Cheers,

DaneA

Netgear Community Team 

Fan64
Aspirant
Aspirant

having the same no motion detect problem.  Removed batteries, replaced batteries, cleaned, resynched, still no response.  It was very hot outside and sits in sun on a tree; tried it indoors, not any different.  Moved the other camera there and it works fine.  Had it 6 months - what's the life on the motion sensor?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally a long time. You're within the warranty period so contact support using the Support link above for more troubleshooting and a possible RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation