Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Offline Download

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
hulk66
Follower
Follower

I know this might be not in Netgear's interest but I have written a little script which downloads all files the library from the last day. Basically it does the following:

* login with your credentials (your username and password)

* retrieve all videos from yesterday

* download all videos from yesterday to a distinct folder

* clean up all videos resp. the according directory wich are 60 days old

If you have a little server (or may be a NAS) running your just have to create a cron jobs or a Windows task in order to have it running on a daily basis.

It is a really simple Python script which essentially mimics the (very nice) web application from Netgear. Some parts are configurable: login data of course, download path and the period after a cleanup will take place.

If this is OK for Netgear and someone is interessted I'm happy to share it.

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd be interested. I'd have to install a Windows version of Python to run it but then I'm a geek. I'll PM you my email address.

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hulk66

It is best to post your ideas and suggestions at the idea exchange board, please click here to see current posts and add yours.

Adding kudos to the ideas will help as development team will be reviewing the most kudos for considering it to add to the product's future functionality.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
STS1985
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just curious if you still have this script available?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure if the Hulk is still around but I have the script.  PM me your email address and I can send it to you.

jryprt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new here can I get the script please. How do I PM you?

Edit: I sent a PM to you.

Hokallabird
Star
Star

I would very much have the script!
Anyone? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't post personal info on the Internet. I said to send me a PM.

I sent you the scripts.

Mpaineny
Aspirant
Aspirant
New user but could I get a copy of
The Arlo download script
To save videos to my NAS?

Many thanks!
MLAbram
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your time and effort. Please PM the script when you have a moment. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Already sent Mpaineny the script.  MLAbram, you need to PM me your email address so I can send it to you

Mpaineny
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a reason this can't be posted someplace for people to download? Is it secret code or against policy? I have a webserver and can provide some space to host it if needed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The main reason I haven't put this someplace is that it's not my script.  The original authors made it available for me and I simply wrote up some directions to help with the install. Besides, putting on a server someplace really doesn't solve the distribution issue since it would still have to be linked anytime someone wanted it.  A simple PM works about as easily.  I can send it to you and you can ask the authors if they have any issue with it being on a server.

adiic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am also interested in the script. Please PM me the detail. Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All you have to do is to PM me your email address and I'll email the whole shebang to you.

burden010
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys, I've sent a little PM with my email address, would you be able to forward the script on to me please?
ericwilborn
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your continued support that you provide this community. I looked through quite a few posts and you seem the most helpful. PM incoming!

jmwilsond
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey JennC,

I see you're retired, from Netgear? Well  if so, that surely is some dedication.  I could raelly use the script for downloading files to my nas everyday.  If you still had that I would be foever in your debt.   My e-mail will be pmed.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation