Nuisance alerts

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
esmrambo
Follower
Follower

I get between 10 and 30 alerts per hour when the wind is greater than 2 MPH.

How can I get it to lessen the nuisance alerts?

They are getting to be really iritating and making it pointless to arm the system.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the motion, per se, but IR reflecting off the leaves. You can try repositioning the cameras so the leaves aren't in view. Could be a tilt or a different position. A screenshot could help.

Chukar1
Aspirant
Aspirant
My flag at my front porch gives me a lot of false clips, how does IR reflect from mostly cotton fabric?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it does.... don't you see bright and dark areas as it moves.... your seing light and IR is just a diff wavelenght

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Chukar1 wrote:
My flag at my front porch gives me a lot of false clips, how does IR reflect from mostly cotton fabric?

A flag is typically posted high above ground. What kind of area are you trying to cover? Sounds to me like you have too much in your camera's field of view, which is not really what the Arlo Wirefree cameras were intended for. Their motion coverage area extends 15-20 feet from the sensor, anything farther and you're likely to get false motion events from far-away objects reflecting the sun's IR light.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation