Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nothing Smart about ARLO...still not able to connect to base station

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ncg2400
Initiate
Initiate

Restsarted, reset and all the normal stuff.  I am fed up with crap technology that requires hours and hours of troubleshooting. Can't you make something that works,  Considering that the ARLO is more epensive than other solutions I thought it would be quick and painless.

So....how do I get past the "Discovering your Device" page ????????????

I cannot even return the ARLO because the shop will not let me

So please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ncg2400
Initiate
Initiate

I was using Chrome and it wouildnt let me connect

Firefox worked

All is fine now and I even bought 3 more Arlo cameras

I love them

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention your steps so I'm asking. Are you using a computer or the app? Many times it's just easier to use a computer since its already on the same network. If you're using the app, make sure you're using Wi-Fi on your router.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ncq2400,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on the base station? Consider a factory reset of the base station and try again making sure the device you are using to go through setup is on the same network as the base station, as suggested by jguerdat.

Factory reset: press and hold the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber.

JamesC

ncg2400
Initiate
Initiate

I was using Chrome and it wouildnt let me connect

Firefox worked

All is fine now and I even bought 3 more Arlo cameras

I love them

Ortizdm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem with Arlo what exactly did you do to get passed the discovery of device
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Better yet, what have YOU tried?  Are you using the app?  If so, make sure it's using WiFi on the same network as the base station.  What are the LEDs doing?  There should be a green power and Internet LED lit when powered on and connected to your router before syncing your cameras. Are you that far?  If so, log into your Arlo account and use the new system button if you've never successfully set up your base.  That should auto-populate the boxes with the  serial number of the base so you don't have to do anything.  You can also use a browser but if you have problems with one, tray a different one - we can troubleshoot the issues there later.

Give us details.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation