Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Theresann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo wireless cameras for about 5 months now.  I am receiving email alerts but no alerts on my phone.  A couple of times I have received alerts on my phone but 99.99% of the time I don't.  I want to receive the alerts on my phone so I know right away whether someone is lurking around my property.  Can anyone help me with getting the alerts to come through my phone and not just my email?  

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would first ask if you are logging out out the app.... Let it run in background for pushes.

Also , pushes must be turned on for each camera in the mode your using.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would first ask if you are logging out out the app.... Let it run in background for pushes.

Also , pushes must be turned on for each camera in the mode your using.

Morse is faster than texting!
Theresann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  Sorry for my ignorance but do you mean that I have to stay tuned into Arlo through the internet on my phone? I tried that in the past but noticed it kept timing me out of my account. Yes, all of my cameras are set up for push notifications.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just don't explicitly log out of the app.  As long as it's just the timeout for the session, you're still logged in and should receive push notifications.

There are also two places to check for these to happen - the mode in use (use the Mode tab, click on your base, and edit any modes you use to verify that they're still active - maybe toggle them off and back on to be sure) as well as in the phone settings for the app (make sure notifications for Arlo are enabled).  If all is fine, try reinstalling the app and power cycling the base.

Theresann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!  I am now getting notifications!  First one woke me out of a deep slumber when it went off at 12:30 am.  Smiley Frustrated