Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not Recieving Push Notifications - Android

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LeesCustomTees
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure why this happened as I didn't change a thing, so clearly there is a flaw in your app.

I had my system set to a schedule, was working fine. Alerted me every time something moved in my shop via push notification. All of a sudden, it just decided to stop working. Nothing was changed, but now it won't send me notifications from my schedule any more. Thanks.

Your advice on this? Laughable. Reboot the app. Reboot the phone. Reboot the system. Turn notifications in settings on and off. Clear Cache. Uninstall and reinstall the app. These are not solutions to a ton of people having issues with a flawed system. This is the equivalent of using duct tape to hold it for now.

Of course, these "Solutions" did't do anything. Shocking. Even if it did, it would only be a matter of time before the flaw resurfaced as that is what happens with flawed technology. Clearly there is something wrong with you app and instead of giving people the "Reboot it" notion, how about you actually come up with a real resolve to this issue?

I inadvertently got it to work again by creating a new Mode several times. I was wondering how long it would take before this started malfunctioning, and I didn't even get past closing the app before it did. Again stopped sending notifications. Now it keeps telling me that my one camera can have push notifications, but when I try to set the other to have push notifications, it does not work and then the mode stops sending me notifications. Pathetic.

Fix your (cr)app as this is completely unacceptable that this many people have posted that your app is flawed, and you don't do anything to resolve it. Rebooting is not a real solution in technology so shame on you for using that.

At this rate I would have been better buying and taping two digital cameras to my wall as that is essentially all these things are now.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LeesCustomTees,

I have not been able to replicate any issue with push notifications. Are you signing out of the app on your android device? In order for push notifications to come through you must be signed in (the app may be minimized but not signed out).

If you continue experiencing issues with push notifications please contact the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of the issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation