Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo user - app/site missing advertised functionality

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LoRezSkyline
Follower
Follower

Just installed our system over the weekend - 3 wireless HD indoor/outdoor cams and a base station.  Happy with it, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed several of the features mentioned in the User Manual PDF no longer seem to be accessible via the app/website - email notification for low camera battery, storage management automatically moving videos to the recycle bin after a certain timeframe, the recycle bin itself rather than just having a deletion option, the list goes on.  Reading posts here it seems these functions were removed with the latest update.  I am baffled as to why Netgear/Arlo would want to delete features that would make for an easier user experience and increase functionality of their devices???  Any chance these will get added back?

1 REPLY 1
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

LoRezSkyline wrote:

several of the features mentioned in the User Manual PDF no longer seem to be accessible via the app/website -

True, the pdf hasn't been updated, but key functionality has not been taken away.

LoRezSkyline wrote:
email notification for low camera battery,

It's still there. It's a default now. Can't turn it off.

LoRezSkyline wrote:
storage management,

No need any more. You get unlimited storage.

LoRezSkyline wrote:
automatically moving videos to the recycle bin after a certain timeframe,

Oh, videos are still getting deleted automatically, only you can't go to a recycle bin any more to get them back.

Retention periods for videos in the three subscription plans are:

• Seven days for Basic plan (only free plan),
  • 30 days for Premier plan,
  • 60 days for Elite plan.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation