Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
cpa9850
Guide
Guide

Have entered both my email & the Verizon version of the text message address.

The three lights are on at the bottom of the NetGear hub.  They all look green to me, but could be yellow (sorry, colors are not my strong point).

Under Mode, I have turned off the Schedule and selected "All Motion On".

I think the camera is detecting motion because when I used the "Motion Detection Test" I could see the flashing light (but I did NOT get any push notification).

I have Android version 5.1.1 (Galaxy Note 5).

The About box in Arlo online shows version 1.10.5.708_10299.

FW Version
1.6.0_3643

HW Version
VMB3010r2

HardwareVMC3030

Firmware1.2.2688

So, why am I not getting any notifications?

Thank you in advance!

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpa9850,

Yes the "grey" paper airplane indicates notifications are disabled. From the screenshot you provided it looks like your motion detection is also disabled. If you click anywhere on the rule that is shown in your screenshot you should see the text and the check mark turn green, which indicates it is active, be sure to save the changes by clicking save in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You will also want to check your rule to make sure the send e-mail alert feature has a "green" check mark next to it and not a black check mark.

JamesC

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpa9850,

After completing the initial Arlo setup an e-mail will be sent to you for one final step. The e-mail is a confirmation request to validate your e-mail address before you can receive any notifications. You must click the link contained in the e-mail to complete this step.

If you cannot find this e-mail you can resend it by navigating to Settings, Personal Information, and clicking the link under your e-mail address.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

cpa9850
Guide
Guide

Thank you James.  I did need to do that, but still no luck in getting notifications.  Any other obvious troubleshooting steps you can recommend?

Thanks again,

Dan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpa9850,

Be sure that within the active mode the rule you have set for the camera to record on motion also contains a trigger to send an e-mail alert when motion is detected. Should look something like this:

Rule Steps.png

Once this is created, make sure that rule is active within the mode you have set. And you should receive notifications.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

cpa9850
Guide
Guide

Still no go, but does the fact that the "paper airplane" is not enabled maybe have something to do with it? (You really should give us some tool tips for ALL of these icons BTW).

Capture.JPG

Thanks!

Dan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpa9850,

Yes the "grey" paper airplane indicates notifications are disabled. From the screenshot you provided it looks like your motion detection is also disabled. If you click anywhere on the rule that is shown in your screenshot you should see the text and the check mark turn green, which indicates it is active, be sure to save the changes by clicking save in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You will also want to check your rule to make sure the send e-mail alert feature has a "green" check mark next to it and not a black check mark.

JamesC

cpa9850
Guide
Guide

lol James, it's a green vs black check mark?  It looked to me like it was a black vs disabled check mark.  Now I can't stop laughing.  🙂

In any event, it is now working!  Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Dan

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cpa9850,

I'm glad I could help. It can take a little time to get used to the interface. If you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to return to the community!

JamesC

Csirish
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure whats goin on my cameras lag, my push notifications really lag and if i do get a notification nothin shows in my library. Eventually i get the recordings in library but latley im not getting them. I feel as soon as motion is activated i should get a push notification and beable to review the video. Had a guy leaving my house with my property and the camera didnt catch him walkin up to it, it caught him walkin away from it, thats no help at all, and that notification came to my android phone 45 min past the time it happened, then tryin to watch the video took so long. Also i have it set for only 15 seconds because it wont let me review untill the recording is complete if at all. I really hope this gets fixed other wise i have no choice but to get my money back. Please give me some advice on how to fix this it is so frustrating. Especially when a motion goes off and i cant see anything in library or even do live streem. It jist keeps loading 8 out of 10 times . Please help
Csirish
Tutor
Tutor
Also just bought a wifi extender but this should have nothing to do with the system and how its functioning. Cause our wifi is strong
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Csirish,

We experienced some server issues during a short period of time last week. These issues have since been resolved. Are you still experiencing delay in viewing library content?

JamesC

mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

Csirish,

We experienced some server issues during a short period of time last week. These issues have since been resolved. Are you still experiencing delay in viewing library content?

JamesC

I am having this issue today. 

jwilker1023
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also not receiving push notifications to my IOS devices as in the past.  The settings on my devices are correct allowing the push alerts.  I do not even have a tab for preferences on my app or when logging in to my Arlo online to check the rules.

Please advise.

Thank you, 

Jerry

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reading and searching for "notifications" would lead you straight to the solution. Use the Mode tab, choose your system and edit (pencil icon) your modes.  All settings for notifications, etc. are in there.  Be sure to save on your way out.

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push notifications being erroneously turned off
Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to rely on notifications
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hoeller,

Please give us more information on the issue you are experiencing. If you are not receiving push notifications check your rules to make sure they are enabled for each camera you want sending push notifications.

JamesC

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant

They become disabled automatically without my having disabled them. This occurs when switching between Modes

JamesC wrote:

Hoeller,

Please give us more information on the issue you are experiencing. If you are not receiving push notifications check your rules to make sure they are enabled for each camera you want sending push notifications.

JamesC

Though not always! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hoeller,

Are you saying the check box for push notifications within the rule becomes unchecked when you switch modes? What client are you  seeing this behavior on (web, android, iOS)? Do you notice it happening only when using a specific client?

JamesC

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Subject: Re: My Arlo is not sending notifications for motion detection. (NETGEAR Communities Subscription Update)

Yes it becomes unchecked. I use android/Samsung III
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean an S3? What OS is installed? Are there phone updates to be had?

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
When switching modes the push pencil becomes disenabled. The running man is on in camera though. But it's not detecting motion. All my update for phone are applied. Android Samsung galaxy s3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a new version of the app now (2.03).  Try uninstalling the app and install the new one.

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed the new app but the problem still exists. Namely when switching between Modes the Push pencil is not enabled. I enable it and Save for each Camera involved. Probably should be automatic since the Running man is enabled for the proper camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, yours saving both the rule and the Mode?

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation