Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Schedules

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
oggg
Follower
Follower

Can I create multiple schedules?

For example, when I travel I have different modes I would like to use in my schedule. Instead of having to go through the scheduler and change everything, and then changing everything back when I come back, I would like to set a "travel schedule" and a "home schedule".

Is this possible?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oggg,

Currently you can only set up a single schedule. This is however a fantastic idea. I encourage you to suggest this on the Arlo Idea Exchange!

Thank you!

JamesC

JohnoB
Guide
Guide

I also wuld very much like to add a second schedule.  

Does anyone know if this can be done via telnetenable access.   I have been able to use telnetenable to get into the CLI but do not have a list fo commands or a way to echo commands that I use the GUI for in order to understand what the schedule command looks like.

Surely this cannot be difficult for NetGear to add in or at least provide CLI commands.

John

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotta ask - how did you telnet in? Are you using a different port than the default?

JohnoB
Guide
Guide

Hi,

Go to this page and scroll dow to New TelnetEnable on Windows (about half way down the page) - download the patched version of telnetenable which supports UDP. (https://github.com/LuKePicci/NetgearTelnetEnable/tree/master/binaries/windows).

Run and a cmd windows - telnetEnable.exe <host ip> <host mac> <user name> <password>

the MAC address needs to be without the : 

For example:  telnetEnable.exe 192.1.2.3 ABCDEFGHIJ12 admin password1

Then telnet 192.1.2.3

Then you are in - type help to see a list of commands.

Regards

John.

JohnoB
Guide
Guide

To turn off telnet access the router needs to be rebooted.

Regards

John.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm confused. You say router - do you mean a Netgear router or the Arlo base station? Not on the computer at the moment but downloaded the .exe and will try tomorrow.

JohnoB
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I am refering to a Netgear R8000 router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, not sure why this is in the Arlo section.  You're telneting into a router - why would this be something that the Arlo users be interested in, especially since the R8000 isn't a router that supports Arlo?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation