Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion not working

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vallorie
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo cameras are supposed to work 25 feet away - I turned cameras outside - front/back and there is no detection at all - also the front camera is 15% low battery already and I have only had it less than 2 weeks???  The one out back is detecting nothing and the one in my basement I have to go stand in front of it or it will not detect - will only detect when at least 10 feet near it - this is crazy for all the money I spent -- I would take it back but I don't have the box it came in - I am soooo frustrated - the only camera that works is the one by my front door.

Vallorie

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rapidly depleting batteries may indicate a poor WiFi connection between the base and cameras (NOT the same thing as the WiFi from your router).  A quick test to see if it's the camera(s) or location is to swap cameras around so the known good camera is in the problem area.  If the problem remains in the location, you need to figure out a different location through trial and error.  If the problem follows the camera, create a trouble ticket.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation