Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection test and actual triggering performance don't match

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ricknau
Star
Star

I have my garage camera set so it triggers very nicely when I run the motion detection test.  Yellow LED flashes consistantly for specific motion paterns.  Then, when I change to armed camera mode I have to get like half as close to the camera to trigger a recording.  What's with that?  Very frustrating.

Went back an forth between the two modes and the behavior difference is consistant.  BTW, detection sensitivity is set at 100%.

How can this be?  Anybody else seen this behaviour? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ricknau
Star
Star
Uhh... May be operator error. Have test set to 100% sensitivity but now see that camera is at 50%. That is, adjusting the sensitivity in test mode doesn't set the camera's sensitivity. Must exit the test and go to "armed" screen to actually set the camera sensitivity.

Will test this afternoon.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ricknau
Star
Star
Uhh... May be operator error. Have test set to 100% sensitivity but now see that camera is at 50%. That is, adjusting the sensitivity in test mode doesn't set the camera's sensitivity. Must exit the test and go to "armed" screen to actually set the camera sensitivity.

Will test this afternoon.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricknau,

Correct, camera sensitivity can be adjusted per the rules within the mode. Motion detection test sensitivity does not dictate the sensitivity for an "Armed" camera, only for the test.

Let us know your results!

JamesC

Ricknau
Star
Star

Yeah, the behavior now matches.  "facepalm"

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation