Motion detection only working on one camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Oldog
Follower
Follower
I have two cameras set up in my home, I can only get one motion detection to work. In the mode setting one camera states motion on the other states no rule activated. How do I activate the 2nd camera? Thanks
1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Oldog wrote:
I have two cameras set up in my home, I can only get one motion detection to work. In the mode setting one camera states motion on the other states no rule activated. How do I activate the 2nd camera? Thanks

First, upon setup, you should have MOTION ALL ON and MOTION ALL OFF modes as a minimum.  If you still have them, turn on ALL ON and check the cameras to see if the "RUNNING MAN" is GREEN, Green means the camera are turned on for motion.

If one is not Green, then it is turned off in the MODE.

Go to SETTINGS, MODES, pick All Motion On and to edit click on "pencil"

Once here, go to the camera not working and verifiy the " Check Mark" is green... If grayed out then the camera is NOT included in the MODE. Try and turn CHECK on.

test for motion

If the camera in question doesn't appear then you need a RULE to include it. ( BTW*** Modes are made of Rules ) Go to SETTINGS, RULES and add the camera that is missing ( pick the setting for motion and what you what it to do ) , make sure you save on exit

Now you can go back to Mode and add/check the rule to include it.

( yes it is hard to understand at first, but it becomes easy after a few times )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation